Yesterday was a fun day in the classroom.
My 110 students were at the editing stage of their essays. They worked to find sentence fragments and other sentence errors.
The fun part occurred when showing them how to write introductions and conclusions. These are hard for many people let along students who are new to college writing or weak writers.
We had fun creating an introduction then turned that into a conclusion. They got the concept of an introduction appropriate for a personal narrative and how that, as well as what they wrote in the essay, forms a conclusion. They realized that conclusions are both a restatement of the introduction but not a restatement of the introduction.
I am really working on my instruction in this class. So far I like the changes I am making.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment